Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default drying something in a plactic bag.

On Feb 22, 10:24*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Dessicant (generic term for that which dries something else out)
Silica gel (a type of dessicant)

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"micky" wrote in message

About a year ago three was a thread here about how to dry out a
camera, or maybe it was a cellphone, that had been underwater.

Rather than take it apart, someone had sealed it in a

* plastic bag

with some other material or substance and let it sit for several days.

I can't remember what the other material was, and googling the
keywords I could thinik of didn't find it.

Any suggestion of the keywords used, or of what to use to dry the
camera.

If I'd known I would need this, I woudl have saved it!! *Thanks.

to dry a cell phone, take battery out and use a hair dryer. get the
phone nice and toasty.

it may not work but drying it fast is important