Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_3_] Tegger[_3_] is offline

Default drying something in a plactic bag.

micky wrote in
:

I can't remember what the other material was, and googling the
keywords I could thinik of didn't find it.

Any suggestion of the keywords used, or of what to use to dry the
camera.

The material you're thinking of is "desiccant". you'll be familiar with
this from those little white pouches you get with some electronic stuff
that say, "Do Not Eat" on them.

Google for these terms: desiccant packs

Shipping-supply places often have them.

If I'd known I would need this, I woudl have saved it!! Thanks.

You can also put the camera in a sunny window for a couple of days (after
running out the lens, removing the battery and cards, and opening whatever
things are openable). The heat is high enough to evaporate the moisture,
but not high enough to damage the camera. Putting it on the dashboard of
your car works as well.

--
Tegger