Posted to alt.home.repair

Default drying something in a plactic bag.

Dessicant (generic term for that which dries something else out)
Silica gel (a type of dessicant)

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"micky" wrote in message
About a year ago three was a thread here about how to dry out a
camera, or maybe it was a cellphone, that had been underwater.

Rather than take it apart, someone had sealed it in a

plastic bag

with some other material or substance and let it sit for several days.

I can't remember what the other material was, and googling the
keywords I could thinik of didn't find it.

Any suggestion of the keywords used, or of what to use to dry the
camera.

If I'd known I would need this, I woudl have saved it!! Thanks.