Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default Does anyone have any data on this vintage power transistor ? - Delco_458-055.jpg (0/1)

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 19:32:47 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:36:25 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 21:39:28 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Baron" wrote in message
Radioman Inscribed thus:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
m:

Baron wrote:

Artemus Inscribed thus:

?
? ? wrote in message
? ...
?? Does anyone have any data on this vintage power transistor ?
?
? Possibly Delco's version of the 2N3055 which was ubiquitous
? in the '70's.
? Art

Yes that is what I'd have gone for...

Or the Delco DS503 Germanium output transistor they used in their
car
radios. Delco was still mostly Germanium in the '70s.

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/100to199/pdf/nte121.pdf

It is definitely npn. I believe most Germanium were pnp.
I also measured Vbe to be 0.6 volts, so it seems to be Silicon.

I would have tried a 2N3055 ! At least its not a "doorknob". :-)

In my school days I used to go scrounging round the factories - one firm
gave me a big bag with loads of "doorknob" transistors.

Unfortunately someone decided I didn't keep my room tidy enough and slung
the lot!

---
You shouldn't have married so young.

Ian married his Mommy ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Might be normal for an inbred hick like you, but we don't have those in the
UK.

Check your history, it should be called the incestuous royal family.

?-)