Barley Twist

Default Switch wiring for Garage Door Opener

On 6 Nov 2003 15:54:00 -0800, (Doordoc) wrote:

Good advice! A garage door opener should never be operated by any type
of device where the door is not in plain view.

When my roller shutter was installed I was warned about leaving things
in the way - told a horror story of a bicycle that was left propped up
against the door opening and had its top tube converted into a "V".

I hadn't stowed a ladder properly on the hooks just inside the door
once and the shutter had no problem lifting the ladder by pressing
down on the short part extending beyond the hook - at most 18" . The
ladder is 12 feet long and a "trade" aluminium one.

I've also been caught a couple of times by having the remote in my
pocket and the button getting pressed with the tension of the fabric.
I now switch the power off when I'm working around the entrance and
the shutter is raised.

Barley Twist
(Please put out the cats to reply direct)