Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Oil Packaging Question

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 2/19/2012 7:14 PM, William Bagwell wrote:
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 18:45:48 -0800, wrote:

Hi all,

Was talking to a neighbor this morning, and somehow came on the subject
of 1 quart plastic oil bottles... and we were trying to remember about
what year the change to them was made.

Does anyone here remember about when that was?

I'm thinking mid 80's or so...

Sounds about right for their introduction,...

Way late for intro--sometime towards late-60s, I'd say was when they
initially came out. Were several incarnations of style before the
more-or-less now nearly universal side-spout one of width/height,
opening, etc., etc., ...

Round paper oil cans were still common in '79

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT3cGdLIHA4