Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default reduce diameter of broom handle to fit broom head

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:55:52 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

In message , Huge
writes
On 2012-02-20, Mike Barnes wrote:
:
The broom handle has broken near the head.

I want to cut the broken bit of the handle and refit the head

[...]

Any body got any good ideas other than buy a new broom ?

I'd clamp it in the jaws of the workmate and use a rasp on it.

Or (shock horror), a Surform.

Just an aside...

I've had a Surform plane for around 40 years. It was only used
occasionally, and I hadn't seen it for several years. Recently, I
realised that it was a good tool for what I wanted to do, so I dug it
out from where it was hiding. Then it suddenly dawned on me, "Is it
pronounced "sir form", or is it "sure form" (which is what I've always
called it)?

I have always used the former...

AOL
Me too