Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Oil Packaging Question

On 2/20/2012 11:46 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

I worked in a gas station as a kid. We filled oil into glass quart
jars with a screw on funnel lid and cap to remove when filling the car
up a quart. anybody else do this?

I presume you mean from bulk container used the quart jar/funnel as the
oil filler can?

I worked several summers for the local co-op station (mostly running the
wet fertilizer application rig but occasionally in the service
bay/driveway). Always had a regular 2-quart filler can for the purpose
w/ the builtin spout, no glass...what have for the trucks/small tractors
now altho the capacity of the larger made it almost mandatory to go to
bulk pump for them--carrying 23 qts two at a time gets rather tedious,
it was some years before I finally broke down and bought the
auto-dispenser rig.