Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal bandsaw tracking

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:40:01 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Wild_Bill" wrote

Lastly, avoid cutting OBF old bed frame.. the hard spots will wipe away
the tips of the blade teeth immediately.

WB

What do you suggest for 1-3/4" rock drill rod? I spent over an hour making
one ragged cut with an abrasive chop saw.

Annealing that spot wasn't an option, eh?

I've had good luck with the little 3" abrasive cutoff blades for die
grinders. One 1" strut piston rod took about a minute and a half,
including two repositionings of the thing. They're hard, too.

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.