Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default Oil Packaging Question

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:46:21 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:09:05 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

dpb wrote:

Way late for intro--sometime towards late-60s, I'd say was when they
initially came out. Were several incarnations of style before the
more-or-less now nearly universal side-spout one of width/height,
opening, etc., etc., ...

I remember a valvoline ad in a auto parts store with a woman with
oily handprints on her shirt and the caption, "Real men don't use oil in
bottles!" It was right over the shelf of Valvoline otor oil in bottles,
so I bought a different brand.

I worked in a gas station as a kid. We filled oil into glass quart
jars with a screw on funnel lid and cap to remove when filling the car
up a quart. anybody else do this?

karl

Did it with the same top and a gallon glass jar for the Super Ag-Cat
crop dusters. P-W 985's, 7 gal. reserve oil tank.

Pete Keillor