Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal bandsaw tracking

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 07:33:06 -0600, "Snag" wrote:

wrote:
I have a cheap 4x6 band saw which I bought on sale from Busy Bee and
which came with a Harbor-Freight manual. I have also downloaded a
Grizzly manual for their equivalent saw.

I am having a persistent problem with tracking of the blade on the
lower (driven) wheel: the blade runs about 2/3rds on the wheel. I have
re-done the tracking procedure on the top wheel where it is
satisfactory. I have tried different tensions. If I move the blade
manually *backwards* by rotating the pulleys the blade slots in fine,
right next to the shoulder. If I move it forward, manually or by the
motor, it goes back to its previous position.

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

There's a 4X6 bandsaw group on Yahoo . There's a lot of info in the
archives , and if you can't find the answer there someone on the group
likely has the answer to your problem .

If anyone is interested...I scored a 7x12" Emerson saw last week. Ive
got the exact duplicate in my shop as my workhorse machine.

The only issue with this new saw..both drive pulleys are toast. But Ive
ordered a matching pair and would consider selling it at a reasonable
price

Identical to this one

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...manual-177888/

Gunner