Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Toll roads and the law

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
thirty-six wrote:
I've rarely seen a wheelchair user at the supermarket and the space
reserved for blue badge holders could be better distributed so as to
provide more spaces for those who struggle with walking nearest to the
store door.

That appears to be everyone. Many will double park rather than walk a few
yards.

If you are disabled I see nothing wrong in having a wider than average bay
to make getting out of the car easier. Just because someone appears to be
able to walk reasonably ok doesn't mean they are as supple as others. And
car park bays are often quite tight.

I usually park at the far end of the carpark. I thank my higher power I
still have the use of my legs. Even at my advanced age. I'm happy to leave
all those spaces close to the entrance for those poor healthy types who
seem unwilling to walk more than a couple of yards. Or are so short on
time it really makes a difference.

the other advantage of parking away from the door is that there are usually
plenty spare bays which makes opening doors and tailgate a lot easier.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16