Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- .410 pistol

On Feb 15, 2:52*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"Jon Danniken" fired this volley
:

You're not killing them for $100, you're killing them because they
pose an immediate and significant threat to your life.

YMMV. I was trained to, and still do, evaluate the threat. *I'm not a
superman, and will rely on the gun before bravado. *But there's an
obvious difference (to me) between a 'strongarm mugger' and a real threat
to my life. *I train myself twice weekly, both with mental exercises and
live fire. *Practice makes for deliberate actions. *You can't think, in
those situations. *You have to rely on (mental) "muscle memory".

I have the weapon at the ready. *I will shoot with the birdshot first,
unless the threat level demands more. (no tracing on the ballistics of a
shot round, anyway). *Well, actually, I'll shoot with the birdshot first
no matter what, because it's in the first chamber, but I can "double-
tap" right along with the best. *If I fire the shot round only, I can
walk away, and leave him disabled or crying... IF the circumstances
permit. *If not, then, "sorry".

Too many people who carry do so without any mental or physical
discipline. *It takes work. *Regular work.

LLoyd

You sound like someone who will be sued for everything he
has...including his precious toy guns.

TMT