IMM

Default leaking heat exchanger in combi boiler (was:Vokera Linea 24 - heat exchanger )

"John Daragon" wrote in message
Reestit Mutton wrote:

Snip

(1) Apart from the fact that this part of the boiler is expensive to
replace (£150+), is this a particularly serious problem? i.e. would the
boiler be adversely affected if we were to continue using the boiler
without replacing this part for now? - probably a silly question, I know
- but worth asking nonetheless.

My experience with a Vokera boiler (which had been installed in a flat
conversion I had a while ago) is that the leak in the heat exchanger will
get worse relatively quickly.

(2) Does anyone here find it surprising that the heat exchanger needs to
be replaced on a 2 year old combi system? - I'm not so much suspicious
of the engineer's prognosis as the original installer's incompetence or
the manufacturer's dodgy product.

In general, yes. As it's a Vokera, well, no.

I know an installer who does work for a housing association and only
installs Vokeras. He rates them highly. He also repairs them too, so he is
not long gone when problems arise.

---