Posted to uk.d-i-y
thirty-six thirty-six is offline

Default Toll roads and the law

On Feb 19, 7:31*am, harry wrote:
On Feb 18, 11:17*pm, John Williamson

wrote:
H. Neary wrote:
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:42:57 -0800 (PST), thirty-six
wrote:

On Feb 18, 9:19 pm, H. Neary wrote:
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 20:27:44 -0000, "dennis@home"

wrote:

"H. Neary" wrote in message
m...
Disabilities that only become apparent using X ray vision would hardly
limit someones ability to walk a few yards extra now, would they?
Heart failure!
You don't have to have visible damage to be disabled.
We are not talking a polar trek now are we? A supermarket car park is
not a great distance to travel even for those with health problems.

Someone who's walking ability is restricted because of heart failiure
would not magically be o/k if they were saved walking ten yards or so
would they? *The fact that they are allowed to drive at all if they
have such a serious heart problem may be open to debate BTW.

Incidentally if there are no obvious signs or sounds of their problem,
a bit of a walk may not be a bad idea anyway.
That could lead to collapse, particularly at this time of year. *Yes a
few yards can make all the difference to someone with heart failure.
A disabled car park is more spacious, although an enlarged heart may
be one of the problems associated with the condition, I would doubt
that the expansion warrants an extra meter or so of wheelchair of
wheelchair space to manouver in.
The enlargement occurs when the heart has been weakened for
considerable time it is compensation for weakness in the heart muscle,
however that has occured.
Disabled spaces are not a consolation prize for someone with a cross
to bear, they are specifically designed to serve a purpose for those
that need it!
and?
How then does the extra space help the heart patient?

You still miss the point.

The extra space is for the wheelchair and users of other mobility aids.
The closeness to the store entrance is to help those who can't walk far,
including, but not limited to those with pneumoconioisis or other lung
diseases (Miners' lung and Farmers' lung are two common, non jargon
names), and heart problems. Did you not notice the way that once they
got into the dry, your "jogging" disabled people stopped for a breather
on the seats just inside the store doors?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.- Hide quoted text -

But if they can walk all round a store pushing a trolley, why will a

I've not found it possible. There have been occasions where I have
walked in and found myself gasping and returned directly to my car
without picking anything up. Using the trolley as a walking aid is a
more accurate description and I'm unable to fill and move a standard
trolley.

slightly shortened journey in the car be needed.?
The same applies with these parent and child spaces.