IMM

Default Replacing a boiler

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:39:47 +0000, Christian McArdle wrote:

Mine has a cylindrical heat exchanger like a drum with pipes inside
around the edge and the burner being a mesh affair at the centre. In
effect, the heat is exchanged radially from the burner at the centre.

Well that sounds like a reasonable burner arrangement too. I was under

the
impression that some boilers used the burner underneath method, where,

in a
condenser, it gets a nice shower of acid.

I think if there were an award for worst boiler ever it would have to be
the Poxi- Batterton Barcelona condensing boiler. This would probably get
awards in both the design and reliability classes.

I think you mean the Potterton, I think Excel? Useless. the Barcelona was
made by Baxi and is now the Baxi something else. It wasn't bad at all.

Needless to say among the many a varied design flaws in the boiler is the
updraft premix burner.

I have to agree. Yet mine works well, gives no trouble and condensate does
not lodge on the burner corroding it.

---