Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Chevy Kodiak dumptruck gasoline problems

On 2/18/2012 12:39 PM, Pete C. wrote:

I think it would fall under the "Private carrier" category if he is
transporting his own products, which I believe is a bit different from
the "Not for hire" category.

Actually, they're the same. "Private carrier" is defined as a carrier
who is not a "for-hire carrier.

The sticky wicket gets to be when/if he's buying and transporting goods
to be sold that may go out of state--assuming he is/does via eBay, say.

DOT has threatened to step in even on our farm exempt hauling that would
be a real pita since we're right on the KS-OK border and many farm both
sides as well as in TX, NM, and CO all in one operation since it is so
close to all here. So far managed to fend them off...