Andy Hall

Default leaking heat exchanger in combi boiler (was:Vokera Linea 24 -heatexchanger )

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:46:14 +0000, Reestit Mutton
wrote:

Understood.

However, I haven't a clue what this one cost as it was pre-installed in
a renovated property that we bought 2 years ago (although we do have
evidence that it was new at the time we moved in).

Does anyone know if a Vokera Linea 24 is expensive or not in its class?

thanks,
RM

Well.... Discounted Heating (which is generally trade price plus a
bit) has these at £620 inc.

Pricewise this is mid range, so I would normally pursue it.

However, a couple of things.

Looking at the SEDBUK database, there have been two versions of the
Linea 24. One from 1998 to 2001, and then the 24e from 2001 to date.
I suspect that the latter is just to get it withing the minimum 78%
efficiency requirement. So.... unless you know otherwise, the
boiler could be five years old. There might be a manufacturing date
on the plate.......although you say you have evidence of newness.

Normallyy, in consumer legislation, you would have a contract with
whoever supplied it. Had you bought it from a fitter, then your
redress would be there, if from a merchant then there.
However, you seem to have bought it with the property. If you have
or can get details of whoever supplied or fitted it from the vendor of
your house then you could pursue that.

The manufacturer does not legally have to do anything because he never
had a contractual relationship with you or the vendor of your
property.

So... it probably comes down to how much time you want to spend trying
to pursue this. You could try the manufacturer, but I am not sure
that they will roll over - worth a phone call, though. Otherwise
it's track back the other way.....

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl