Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Chevy Kodiak dumptruck gasoline problems

dpb wrote:

On 2/18/2012 10:47 AM, Ignoramus15653 wrote:

I do not see how I can have a problem. I never provide any
transportation services. I never provide any services at all,
actually. I only transport my own stuff.

Well, that's the thing...that's "not for hire" but if you haul gear that
you resell, and that is interstate via eBay, say, you _can_ be
considered as engaged in interstate commerce and subject to all those
rules about how you operate the tractor, for example.

Again, it will depend markedly on the _exact_ circumstances but don't
think you are necessarily exempt for the above reasons from many of the
same reporting requirements, etc.

--

I think it would fall under the "Private carrier" category if he is
transporting his own products, which I believe is a bit different from