Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default Does anyone have any data on this vintage power transistor ? - Delco_458-055.jpg (0/1)

Ian Field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Radioman Inscribed thus:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
m:

Baron wrote:

Artemus Inscribed thus:

?
? ? wrote in message
? ...
?? Does anyone have any data on this vintage power transistor ?
?
? Possibly Delco's version of the 2N3055 which was ubiquitous
? in the '70's.
? Art

Yes that is what I'd have gone for...

Or the Delco DS503 Germanium output transistor they used in
their car
radios. Delco was still mostly Germanium in the '70s.

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/100to199/pdf/nte121.pdf

It is definitely npn. I believe most Germanium were pnp.
I also measured Vbe to be 0.6 volts, so it seems to be Silicon.

I would have tried a 2N3055 ! At least its not a "doorknob". :-)

In my school days I used to go scrounging round the factories - one
firm gave me a big bag with loads of "doorknob" transistors.

Unfortunately someone decided I didn't keep my room tidy enough and
slung the lot!

Let me guess... Mom ! Yes, mine did that to me as well.
I had several pre WW1 xtal sets. A couple in mahogany cases. My favorite
one was a Etheron set given to me by Grandad. Mom threw them all
out...

Probably would have been worth decent money to a vintage collector by
now.

I've still got four kicking about somewhere. They were unused
replacements for an inverter in a, if I remember correctly, Motorola
motorcycle transceiver.

I agree that they are probably collectors items. ;-)

--
Best Regards:
Baron.