Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Atlas Lathe

Paul Drahn wrote:

I was offered an Atlas lathe the other day for $50. The owner said
that there were two damaged gears. He is supposed to give me more
information next week. Comments?

A lot may depend on how the gears got damaged. Did it fall off a truck
going 60 mph?

If simple cause and effect, my $50 would be smoking coming out of the
wallet!

I was too sick this week toget back to him. He said he may want to
buy a rebuilt 225 slant six that's sitting in my garage. If he does,
it'll pay for the lathe and the gears, plus some basic tooling.