Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Floor Finish ?

On Feb 16, 7:02*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/16/2012 1:18 PM, Chris wrote:

I have finished sanding the floor and want to use a water based poly. Is
there anything special about water based that I need to know? I have
always used oil based in the past.

I just read that with water based poly you should use a base coat. After
you apply the base coast do you sand before putting on the first coat of
poly?

Thanks
Chris

the main thing you need to know about water based poly is that it will
turn out looking like plastic and fake. *And milky looking if over a
dark wood. *Use some real floor finish if you want it to look like
something.

--
Steve Barker

water base can turn soft if exposed to water for a while.

oil based is far better choice