Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default welding vent fan - shaded pole - how to trouble shoot

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 07:07:20 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:22:16 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Duct tape didn't survive the engine compartment heat. Aluminum autobody
repair tape has been OK so far.

Oh, I thought it was an underdash thang. Aluminum duct tape works
under the hood, too. That stuff'll take a finger off if you're not
careful with it.

I used aluminum duct tape from HD to waterproof the edges of the insulation
on my solar water heater. It didn't really hold up too well.

Was it UV rated?

I misremembered, and meant to say -stainless- duct tape. My bad.

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach