Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23626 Ignoramus23626 is offline

Default Chevy Kodiak dumptruck gasoline problems

On 2012-02-16, Pete C. wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:35:07 -0800, "Bruce L. Bergman (munged human
readable)" wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 23:43:23 -0600, Ignoramus10095

On 2012-02-15, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

I probably would just check for the presence of voltage at the injector coil
during cranking.

Eliminates pretty much everything but clogged injector.

OK, now the 64,000 dollar question: can they be un-clogged?

Yes, but you might not want to drop $100 - $150 on the Mechanic's EFI
Cleaning Kit - And the engine does have to be able to start and run,
even if badly.

You basically disconnect the fuel line and screw on a special pressure
regulator and hose adapter gadget, then attach a pressurized 2-liter
bottle of special 100% cleaning solvent. The replacement bottles of
cleaner are about $20 or so each.

The extremely expensive Berryman's-B-12-Equivalency kit!

Not even remotely close. The B12 is good stuff for general fuel system
maintenance, but it is a far cry from running 100% cleaner through the
injectors.

Iggy, I have a 3M fuel injector cleaner rig I could loan you, it would
easily fit in a small priority mail box and you can get the cleaner
canisters at most any auto parts place.

Thanks Pete. We'll see. I cleaned them in an ultrasound cleaner
yesterday, I will see if it helps, I think that I can buy
replacements at NAPA.