Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Colin Horsley Colin Horsley is offline

Default Replacement for broken coaxial power connector at Acer netbook power supply?

"Jens Herrmann" wrote in message
: Hello,
: the power supply of a friends Acer netbook has the problem that the
: cable breaks just at the coaxial power connector. This happens
: frequently and takes just a couple of weeks after a repair. I have tried
: to find the coaxial power connector (5,5x2,5) as a replacement part, but
: all I could find was a plug like the one at the right side of
: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ho...se_5,5x2,5.jpg
: This plug lacks the spring of the original plug which prevents the
: connection coming loose at the slightest movement.
: What do you do in a situation like that? Do you know a source where I
: could purchase the original coaxial power connector?
:
: Thanks in advance
: Jens Herrmann

http://www.laptopjacks.com/product/P...wer-Jacks.html