Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jens Herrmann Jens Herrmann is offline

Default Replacement for broken coaxial power connector at Acer netbook powersupply?

Hello,
the power supply of a friends Acer netbook has the problem that the
cable breaks just at the coaxial power connector. This happens
frequently and takes just a couple of weeks after a repair. I have tried
to find the coaxial power connector (5,5x2,5) as a replacement part, but
all I could find was a plug like the one at the right side of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ho...se_5,5x2,5.jpg
This plug lacks the spring of the original plug which prevents the
connection coming loose at the slightest movement.
What do you do in a situation like that? Do you know a source where I
could purchase the original coaxial power connector?

Thanks in advance
Jens Herrmann