Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default DEFINING AND UNDERSTANDING THE LEFT

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:15:01 -0800, jk wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

It's the Internet. I've watched it develop since I was first online,
in 1983.

They act like a mob. On the whole, they are the most other-directed
and least-independent-minded people I've ever seen in my life.

Could be, I don't think it is the right, or the left that is the
issue. THe Internet shortens the time on their feedback loop, so
that any extreme gets more so, left, right, tinfoil beanie, or just
plain wierd.
jk

Yeah, that's probably true. They also find each other here so much
more easily than in the real world. And anonymity helps. If they're
really white trash inside, they can let it all hang out and they'll
find like-minded trash to reinforce them.

It's quite a phenomenon. I'll bet that PhD-candidates in social
psychology are having a field day.

--
Ed Huntress