Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- .410 pistol

"Jon Danniken" fired this volley
in :

You're not killing them for $100, you're killing them because they
pose an immediate and significant threat to your life.

YMMV. I was trained to, and still do, evaluate the threat. I'm not a
superman, and will rely on the gun before bravado. But there's an
obvious difference (to me) between a 'strongarm mugger' and a real threat
to my life. I train myself twice weekly, both with mental exercises and
live fire. Practice makes for deliberate actions. You can't think, in
those situations. You have to rely on (mental) "muscle memory".

I have the weapon at the ready. I will shoot with the birdshot first,
unless the threat level demands more. (no tracing on the ballistics of a
shot round, anyway). Well, actually, I'll shoot with the birdshot first
no matter what, because it's in the first chamber, but I can "double-
tap" right along with the best. If I fire the shot round only, I can
walk away, and leave him disabled or crying... IF the circumstances
permit. If not, then, "sorry".

Too many people who carry do so without any mental or physical
discipline. It takes work. Regular work.

LLoyd