Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default welding vent fan - shaded pole - how to trouble shoot

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 19:03:54 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Artemus" wrote in message
Just bite the bullet and disassemble it. The bushings have felt
surrounding them which hold oil. If you don't disassemble you
can't flood this felt with oil and your half assed repair job won't
last very long. ...
Art

The holes I mentioned drilling in my truck's heater fan give access to this
felt to add more oil with a sewing machine needle oiler.

And a piece of duct tape covers the hole until it's needed the next
time.

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach