Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default SOLVED: welding vent fan - shaded pole - how to trouble shoot

aribert neumann wrote:

SHut it off, added
more oil during cool down and then ran it some more - all the while
adding a drop of oil every now and then. I have not seen any excess
oil dripping out - I'll leave it on the bench for a few days and maybe
add a few more drops before reassembling the motor into the housing.

Most of these motors with sintered bronze bearings have a felt
oil reservoir around the bearing. They can actually take a LOT
of oil, but it takes a while to soak in. I'd add a lot more
than a few drops, maybe a couple CCs per bearing. You may be
able to see enough of the felt to tell when it is getting
saturated.

Jon