Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default welding vent fan - shaded pole - how to trouble shoot

"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:jhed21$t2r
:

WD-40's only good feature is the convenient spray can.

Actually, it has a very good application. FWIW, it's not good for much
else:

I use an oil-less water-based coolant on my mill and lathe specific to
aluminum. It is VERY corrosive to the iron bed and ways of my tools.

To whit: WD-40 conclusively blocks the corrosion of this stuff. It is a
terrible lubricant/penetrant, but it seems to sneak under the missed
droplets of coolant, and prevent them from almost instantaneously
corroding my machines.

LLoyd