Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dcloss@sensis.com is offline

Default welding vent fan - shaded pole - how to trouble shoot

On Feb 14, 2:36*pm, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:
"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message

Just trolling for the true-believers, but it [WD-40] does make a nicely
_plastic-safe_ solvent for many types of goop and cruft.

OK, I'll bite: WD-40 is mostly a petro distillate in the paint thinner
class. *So paint thinner is just as good as WD-40 without contaminating
additives. *Naptha is a little more volatile, less viscous, about as
plastic-safe, and more effective as a solvent. *Naptha is my go-to solvent
for getting adhesive labels off plastic.

Bob

WD-40's only good feature is the convenient spray can.

jsw

I like that one!

Dave