Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- .410 pistol

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:34:32 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Stanley Schaefer fired this volley in news:decf816d-
:

I've done enough testing 30
years back with shot handloads in a .45 revolver to determine that
they don't really have any utility for anything I'm likely to do. The
donut effect is still there and a one-piece .45 Colt slug is still
likely to be a lot more decisive than a shower of shot.

The "donut effect" you described has been more or less minimized in the
Judge. They only very lightly rifle the barrel for the purpose of
keeping it a unlicensed handgun, and it does quite well with the pattern.

I've shot skeet with it (close.. 10yd).

Lloyd

The only advantage I can see..is the multi ball loads that are coming
out now. Hitting someone with 3-5 slugs with a single pull of the
trigger is really gonna smart on the receiving end, but...shrug..Ill
just stay with the 1911. I want to see daylight though the holes Ive
made in the attacker.

Gunner

Gunner Asch