Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default welding vent fan - shaded pole - how to trouble shoot

On Feb 14, 6:22*am, aribert neumann wrote:
...Do you all think that merely dripping *solvent
into the oil lube access will eventually dissolve the varnish?...

That depends on what it is, I can't tell from here. Try all the non-
destructive methods first, including running it for a while with light
oil in the bearings to break up the softened crud. I've salvaged some
slow or stuck motors with just solvent and oil, others needed to be
disassembled and even drilled to add oiling holes,like the heater fan
on my truck.

This and Norvey 'Turbine Oil' have worked well enough for me:
http://www.3inone.com/products/motor-oil/

Neither lasts forever.

jsw