Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus26334 Ignoramus26334 is offline

Default Parting out a Monarch C series 16 inch lathe?

On 2012-02-13, Pete S wrote:
I just looked at Monarch in general on Ebay and there isn't much parts
activity.
Trouble is, I don't know if that's because there is little interest, or if
it's because few sellers bother to put the stuff out there.
Why not try putting a bunch of easy-to-remove stuff on Ebay right away,
even before you take the parts off the machine?
Make 'em 5 day auctions, or "Buy it now". Wait the 5 days. If you get good
prices and a lot of action, dismantle it. If not, scrap it.

Pete Stanaitis

Yep. I feel bad about scrappping it outright, anyway. I will part it
out. Just for the heck of it, I will get regrinding quotes.