Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- .410 pistol

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:34:03 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Watching Alaska State Troopers yesterday and saw
a .410 shotgun revolver. I didn't know such a
thing existed.

Yeah, pretty cool, huh? That's the Taurus Judge. Would you look at
the length of that cylinder? Sumbitch is a heavy bastid, too. And I
wouldn't want to spend more than 1 minute at the range with one.
It'd be a great snake gun. Hear the rattle, take it out NOW! I'm sure
they'd work well in home defense situations, too.

So this raises an interesting
point. When does a pistol firing shotgun shells
become a sawed-off shotgun? Or when does a sawed-
off shotgun become a legal pistol?

Um, er, maybe 12ga? That's too big for most wrists to handle, even on
Big Bubba. I'll bet that if one is used to murder a bank guard during
a holdup, the ATF will immediately reclassify it as a sawed-off, an
illegal weapon, and ban it.

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is