Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default welding vent fan - shaded pole - how to trouble shoot

Dave__67 wrote:
When you need solvent, always reach for the WD-40...

When I need solvent, I reach for acetone, MEK, xylol, lac thinner,
methylene chloride, naptha, paint thinner, ethanol, methanol, or a
couple of others not on the tip of my tongue. Certainly never reach for
WD-40 when I need a SOLVENT. Nor when I need a penetrating oil. Only
when I need a water-displacer (hardly ever).

YMMV, but if it does, I would recommend reconsidering.

Bob