Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_4_] FrozenNorth[_4_] is offline

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

On 2/13/12 10:37 AM, Han wrote:
Norvin wrote in
:

Han wrote:
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

That cool air hitting the warm iron results in almost instant
condensation on the iron.

Generally, warm and moist air hitting a cool surface is what cuases
condensation on the cool object. Cool air hitting a warm surface does
NOT give condensation.

So, when it is zero outside and 70 inside my house with 70% humidity,
the wet stuff on my windows (inside) is NOT condensation???

Please re-read what I said. Inside your house it is 70% relative humidity,
and outside it is zero Fahrenheit? You must have 17humifiers going full
blast!! No wonder that the warm, moist air in your rooms condenses on the
cold windows ...

Yep, i have the humidifier set to try and maintain 30% in the winter,
any higher and the resulting moisture on the window ledges and such can
cause damage, unless I want to religiously go around and wipe them off
at least once a day.

--
Froz...