Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_4_] Snag[_4_] is offline

Default OT- .410 pistol

Jim Stewart wrote:
Watching Alaska State Troopers yesterday and saw
a .410 shotgun revolver. I didn't know such a
thing existed. So this raises an interesting
point. When does a pistol firing shotgun shells
become a sawed-off shotgun? Or when does a sawed-
off shotgun become a legal pistol?

If it started life as a pistol , it's legal . If it originally was a "long
gun" it cannot be converted to a pistol . If you add a shoulder stock , it
becomes a "long gun" and cannot be converted back . It will be illegal
unless you also lengthen the barrel . We did a lot of research on this , my
son accepted an AR type 5.56mm pistol in lieu of rent money (he's legal ...)
.. He's going to leave it in the original configuration to avoid any chance
of legal hassles .
--
Snag
Learning keeps