Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 10:06:33 -0500, Keith Nuttle wrote:

I do what has been recommend but have a piece of plywood cut to the size
of the table saw, that keep the humid air from directly contacting the
table.

That may not hurt, but unless the fit of plywood to table is airtight and
the plywood is sealed (and *not* with latex) I don't think it'll do any
good.

In some environments it may even trap moisture.

If it works for you, great. But I wouldn't suggest it as a general
solution.