Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus17548 Ignoramus17548 is offline

Default Parting out a Monarch C series 16 inch lathe?

I am just wondering about something. As I mentioned earlier, I am
buying three machines (Axelson lathe, Monarch 16 inch lathe with sever
wear, and CIncinnati 50 taper horizontal mill).

My plan from the beginning was to scrap the badly worn Monarch and
CInci, and sell the Axelson, possibly after regrinding the bed. The
only thing that I took off the Monarch, right now, is the tailstock
and the top slide.

My question is, does it make any sense to hold on to the Monarch for a
week, in order to get some valuable parts out of it, or do you think
that it is entirely scrap metal material? Are the handles, gears etc worth
anything? Leadscrew or some such?

I am assuming that a 16x30 Monarch weighs under 6k lbs.