Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast
David Looser David Looser is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote

IMHO one of the big reasons that Japan surrendered after the second
atomic bombing was that they were unaware there was no fourth bomb, the
first having been set of on US soil.

You were privy to the deliberations of the Japanese government? I'm
impressed!

If (again speculation) the US had not invaded Europe in June of 1944,
my original comment, and the Luftwaffe had both a stealth bomber and
atomic
bombs to drop from it, the war would of turned out differently.

An awful lot of "ifs" there!

As for Germany stopping its atomic bomb development program in 1942, how
many
times did Saddam Huesein start his and Iran stop theirs in the last 20
years?

The US threw enormous recourses at building an atomic bomb, recourses that
Germany simply didn't have in 1944. They didn't have the recourses to build
a transatlantic stealth bomber either. The fighter (which of course never
saw action) was no more than a concept demonstrator, it didn't have the
range to reach the UK let alone the US, nor did it have the load-carrying
capability to carry an atomic bomb. How long would it have taken Germany,
already coming under serious pressure from the Red Army and seriously short
of fuel, materials and manpower to develop both?

David.