Jeff

Default dust collection options

I'm looking for opinions...
I just moved into a new apt that has a basement (shop). I've got a
nice sturdy bench, cheapy bench saw and various other tools (ROS being
the worst dust maker). I plan on getting some other stationary tools
and possibly replacing the table saw with a decent one soon. No
jointer or planer yet.

The shop is about 12'x12' with very low (6'5") ceilings. My last
workshop was a porch, so i didn't worry about dust collection at all.
But my new shop is already covered in dust, and my lungs and throat
don't appreciate it either.

So I've been looking at my options... Think I've decided against a
shopvac because it's noisy and not as efficient at sucking dust.
Because my shop already feels small, I was thinking about a little DC
unit like this one:

but for only $50 more, this seems like a good deal:

Is that overkill for my little, hobbiest shop? I mean that monster
will take up a lot of room! I'm leaning toward the first one because
I don't think I make all that much dust... Any words of wisdom for
me?

Thanks