Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 16:58:07 -0600, Tom wrote:

Johnson's paste wax works fine, but needs to be redone after use as it
wears off quickly where the boards slide over it. I use Bostick TopCote
on my saws, jointer, planer table, etc. and have been very happy. It's
slick, it lasts, and I have no problems with rust.

Topcote is great stuff. But wax (I use Trewax) works fine and seems to
build in the pores over time. When I wax a new saw I have to redo soon
as you say. After the first few times though, the interval gradually
increases from weekly to monthly to quarterly to annually.