Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses toturn off their cell phone?

On 2/11/2012 11:21 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

From 1966 to around 1971, when I was a college student, United flew a
non-stop from Lansing to Newark, NJ. It was a Vickers Viscount
prop-jet, all first-class.

Student fare, which was 50% of regular fare but standby only, was
$24.50 one-way. So for less than $25 I got a first-class seat, my
choice of filet mignon or lobster tail, and, from 1969 on (when I was
21), two free drinks.

I try not to think about those days when I fly now. It makes me want
to cry. BTW, I never got bumped on a standby. And there was another
all-first-class plane from Toledo to Newark: a French Caravelle jet.
Same deal. I'd fly those from time to time as well. I also got one of
those from Chicago to Barbados, one-stop in Miami, once upon a time. I
think the fare was $175 and it was long enough that we had all the
drinks we wanted.

A few years ago('99?) I flew out to LA for a Mensa AG. I requested a
kosher meal because I had heard the food was usually better. After
taking off, an attendant apologized and said there had been no kosher
meal put on the flight and was there anything they could do? I said a
regular meal would be OK and I liked scotch. I got all the free Johnny
Walker Red I wanted. The exact same thing happened on the flight back.

BTW, sometimes I did get the kosher meal and the food WAS better.

David