Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drill Presses

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:53:50 -0800 (PST), Kenneth James
wrote:

I am looking for a replacement for a chinese bench drill. It's not
bad, provided you can live with spindle runout that can be measured
with a yardstick. I'm gonna move on up to a floor model. 18+ inches,
1000- dollars. I have no real heartburn with decent chinese if the
quality is ok and the price is good. I'd prefer American, old or new,
but price is likely to be a problem on new; and availibility and
serviceability a probem on old stuff. I am in the Savannah, Ga area.
Any ideas or recomendations? Currently leaning towards "Dayton" brand
presses. Seems to be Grainger's house brand. Chinese of course. Any
experiences?

Thanks,
Ken

Clausing, Delta, Walker-Turner, Cincinatti, Powermatic, Arboga, and
older Craftsman

Simply go to ebay, enter "drill press", enter "closest first" and see
whats available in your area

Gunner

Gunner Asch