Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drill Presses

"Kenneth James" wrote in message

I am looking for a replacement for a chinese bench drill. It's not
bad, provided you can live with spindle runout that can be measured
with a yardstick. I'm gonna move on up to a floor model. 18+ inches,
1000- dollars. I have no real heartburn with decent chinese if the
quality is ok and the price is good. I'd prefer American, old or new,
but price is likely to be a problem on new; and availibility and
serviceability a probem on old stuff. I am in the Savannah, Ga area.
Any ideas or recomendations? Currently leaning towards "Dayton" brand
presses. Seems to be Grainger's house brand. Chinese of course. Any
experiences?

Thanks,
Ken

This might fill the bill: