Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
k...
Ron wrote:

Surely you remember analogue TV Arny, it's when we had five
channels
of rubbish, now we have 900 channels and it's still rubbish

What's TV?

Something that can actually be enjoyable, useful and even a bit
educational,
managed well.

A capacious 2 channel DVR is a big help.

An internet ready BluRay is better. A lot of free TV via the
internet including classic movies, comedy and Sci-Fi.

We have the hardware for both. After experiencing a hands-on unfettered
comparison of the two for about a year, we kept the DVR and terminated
the
Internet service for the BluRay, but kept the stream of rental BD discs.

The BluRay was a one time investment of $80. Since I already have
broadband, there is no monthly fee. No need for a credit card, or trips
to one of the few remaining video stores, or to try to find something
worth watching in a 'Redbox'.

If you are obtaining current movies for just the cost of broadband, then you
are not paying the usual fees for viewing copyrighted materials. The
morality of that is up to you, but its not a fair comparison.

What morality? Sony owns the copyrights for the movies that they run
on 'Crackle'. I never said I was watching 'current movies'. On the
extremly rare chance that something cmes out I'll eiter watch it at a
theater, or buy the disk. Thre have been two 'current movies' in the
last 12 years that I wanted to see.

In the US the usual fee for obtaining a fairly current movie over broadband
is about $5 each. Netflix over broadband is more like $9 per month, but the
catalog is severely limited, both in terms of movies and also TV shows.

Not everyone is addicted to the latest Hollywood drivel. I 'watch'
about 10-15 hours a week and a lot of that is local news. When I do
watch more, it's when I'm too ill to do aything else.

Redbox is the price/performance winner around here, and their nearest
machine is within easy driving or biking distance.

Good for you. The nearest Redbox is about three miles, but I've
never seen a title I wanted to watch.