Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wood burning stove - anyone any experience of Country Kiln?

robgraham wrote:
On Feb 10, 2:15 pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 05:18:08 -0800 (PST), Jim K wrote:
There's a grudging heat thrown out, but more than four feet from

it,
you'd never know it was on.

Stoves don't heat by radiation very much it's mostly convection.

ah the old "built in boiler sucking all the heat out" problem unless
you stoke it to F... all day/night....
would be stovees would do well to take note...

Deliberate choice with our stove (Stovax Stockton 11) a normal sized
living room doesn't need more than a few of kW to keep it warm so we
choose a stove with 3kW to room and 7kW to water. Seems to give about
the right amount of heat to the room and a goodly amount to the
thermal store for CH and DHW.

--
Cheers
Dave.

I was a bit surprised at the previous comments about a back-boilered
stove not heating the room. We've a 25 year old Woodwarm and it's
balance must be about the same as Dave's as we get perfectly adequate
heat to the room and to the DHW. The back boiler runs into a Dunsley
Neutraliser along with the oil burner so that the CH can be from
either.

Rob

my back boiler Villager is busy heating the bedroom. Sadly not the water
as it wasn't worth re-integrating it into the plumbing.

Ao I left that disconnected.

Fully capable of keeping a 30 sq meter room at 22C or more even in this
weather...in fact its a bit TOO hot and we have to let it go out after
midnight,