Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

David Looser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

They were a dollar. This isn't the same as what I saw, but it will
give you some idea:
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/255041326/DZ_909A_6_way_power_outlet_with.jpg
since the meter was next to the power switch and cord.

Right. You started all this by refering to European sockets which had to be
installed in equipment racks. So I naturally assumed that you were talking
about UK specific installation sockets being sold in flea markets in the US.

But now I realise that you are talking about plug-in extention sockets, and
I notice from the photo that that one has "universal" sockets that will
accept US and a variety of European plugs as well as UK ones. Personally I
wouldn't touch one of those with a barge-pole. Those sort of "universal"
sockets rarely make good contact whilst the meter is clearly for show, it
would tell you nothing useful. I'm sure it would not be legal to sell those
here as the sockets appear not to have shutters, which probably explains why
I've not seen one.

I wouldn't touch one, even if I needed the voltmeter.